The Renovation Exploration Tour planned for May 2 has been cancelled. We hope to reschedule it for a new date in September. New owners of the Samuel H. Dale House, Bob Sagnol and Molly Stahlman have graciously agreed to open their home for the Tour. The house has garnered much interest as it returns to its former glory. Bob and Molly want to share the journey of old house restoration with the public. Our members will receive a substantial discount on tickets for the tour.
Make a donation during the BBCF Week of Giving, March 16 -20
We are making great strides in restoring the a Old Lutheran Church. But we need your support to keep it going. Please consider making a donation during the BBCF Week of Giving, March 16-20. All donations will be used to help finish the Tower restoration. Donate here: https://bbcfgives.org/organizations/75-franklin-preservation
To date, Franklin Preservation has removed the stained glass windows from the front of the building. They are being re-glazed, re-framed and painted. We began work on the Tower in July of 2019. This work included removing and replacing rotten corner boards, sills and siding with new structural material. Using old photos of the building, the architectural detailing will be recreated to match the original using updated materials. A new stoop, stone masonry, stairs and handrails are planned. The front doors will be refurbished and painted and given new hardware. There will be a new railing at the top of the Tower. Franklin Preservation hopes to recreate the original “Bell Tower” roof from 1886. We have received a matching City of Franklin historic preservation grant to help accomplish some of these items. In addition, we received a matching grant from the Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission that will allow us to begin the replacement of the roof and add a gutter system on the Church portion of the building.